Woman killed inside Trader Joe's during standoff, Los Angeles mayor says

 · Melyda Corado, a Trader Joe's assistant manager who died during a shootout Saturday, was killed by an officer's bullet, Los Angeles Police Chief Michel Moore said.

Authorities said the teen he kidnapped was shot in the head but survived. People crawl out of a back window at the Trader Joe's in Los Angeles. A manager at Gelson's Market, across the street from Trader Joe's, said people inside the market heard shots fired outside. Their conditions were not immediately known.

3 Ways To Exit A Profitable Trade

You've made a solid, profitable trade. Don't let the process of exiting your position erode your gains, with three ideas for successfully closing out.

Stars Screen Binge Culture Media. Tech Innovate Gadget Mission: Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what's happening in the world as it unfolds. Gunman barricaded inside L.

Trader Joe's standoff ends with one dead. Suspect arrested after Trader Joe's standoff. Employee helped people escape through window. Suspect shot grandmother, fled to store. Suspect exchanged gunfire with police. Police report incident at L. A woman inside the store was killed, Mayor Eric Garcetti said Saturday at a news conference.

The suspect was wounded in his left arm after exchanging shots with police, Garcetti told reporters. The LA Fire Department said six people ranging from ages 12 to 81 were taken to the hospital following the incident.

All were in fair condition with no life-threatening injuries, a spokeswoman said. She had worked at Trader Joe's for four to five years, he said. Earlier, police had described the suspect as being in his late teens. Her condition was not given. Aerial footage showed police leading the suspect away in handcuffs. Events began with a shooting in the block of 32nd Street around 1: Their conditions were not immediately known.

The suspect, described by police and witnesses as an African-American male, fled in his grandmother's Toyota Camry, taking the younger victim with him. He fired multiple rounds at officers during the police pursuit, Lopez said.

None of the officers was injured. The chase ended when the suspect crashed the vehicle and ran into the busy store on Hyperion Avenue, Lopez said.

Some customers immediately ran out of the store and police surrounded the building. Over the course of the three-hour standoff, several people walked out of the store with their hands up. Authorities said the teen he kidnapped was shot in the head but survived. Officers did not fire at the gunman during the chase. But after Atkins crashed the car outside a Trader Joe's and continued shooting at police, officers returned fire, Moore said.

Footage recorded by officer body cameras released Tuesday shows two police partners firing shots as Atkins rushes into the store. As Atkins fled into the Trader Joe's, Corado was exiting the grocery store, police said. After the fatal shooting, Atkins holed up in the store and kept those inside hostage. A three-hour standoff ensued, including hours of negotiations, before Atkins surrendered to police.

Trader Joe's standoff ends with one dead Atkins appeared in court Tuesday in a royal blue jail uniform, with his wrists cuffed and at his waist. He said almost nothing while standing behind protective glass in a courtroom box some call "the cage.

Atkins faces 31 charges, including one count of murder; six counts of attempted murder including four counts of attempted murder against a police officer ; one count of kidnapping; 13 counts of false imprisonment of hostages; one count of grand theft auto; and one count of felony evading.

A news release said Atkins was charged with murder "based on a provocative act theory of murder. He put off entering pleas until August Both his grandmother and the wounded teen are in critical condition from their gunshot wounds, Moore said. The police chief said the two officers involved in the shootout with Atkins are working with psychologists.

Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved · Maine Council of Churches